The following terms and conditions apply to all purchases of items from this website. Please read this document carefully before placing your order.
We reserve the right to change these terms from time to time. Any such changes shall not affect any contract subsisting between us at the time of such change. Please check them before you make any new purchase. We advise you, our valued customer, to print and keep safe a copy of these terms and conditions for your reference.
Sale of Goods
- By placing an order with MagicVision (referred to as us/we/our) you (the customer) are accepting these terms and conditions, as well as our Terms of Website Use, to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. These conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- We will acknowledge your order by e mail as soon as possible. Any e mail or other acknowledgment from us does not constitute our legal acceptance of your order. Your offer is accepted and our contract begins with you, our valued customer, when the goods are despatched.
- We will email or ship with your order a copy of your receipt. Please ensure you keep this in a safe place as this will also be your guarantee on the following terms: Should any of the goods develop a fault, notify us and simply return your goods within 28 days of purchase (complete with original packaging and accessories – please refer to “Returns” for additional conditions that apply) and you will be offered the choice of either an exchange or refund. After the guarantee has expired we will still endeavour to help providing you any manufacturer information your goods may require. All items (excluding wearable parts) are guaranteed for a full 12 months by the manufacturer after 28 days. Obviously we can’t be expected to guarantee against misuse (i.e. coffee spilt inside, blown speakers etc.), commercial use, loss of data stored on any form of writeable/ rewriteable media/ hard drive devices, dead pixels of an amount not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty, specifications or normal wear and tear. Please note the guarantee will be invalidated if repairs are done other than the manufacturers authorised agents.
- Either of us shall have the right to terminate the contract between us without penalty within 7 days from the date we accept your order. In the event of termination we will gladly refund to you all sums paid to us minus postage if already shipped and you shall return any goods that we have despatched to you. Termination of contract shall be without prejudice to the rights and duties of either you or us accrued prior to termination.
Payment and Prices
- We will accept payment of your order by Visa, Credit, Debit and Mastercard only. We also accept Paypal payments. Payment by cheque or cash on delivery is not accepted. Unfortunately we do not offer credit facilities. You can also pay in store.
- Payment for goods must be made in accordance with our purchase procedure. All orders are positively credit card sanctioned prior to despatch. We cannot accept responsibility if any details you provide us with are incorrect or if any order is held up as a result of incorrect details.
- The price for the goods will be as stipulated on the website at the time when you place your order. We are entitled to make adjustments to the price to take account of any increase in our supplier’s prices, or the imposition of any new taxes or duties, or if due to an error or omission on the price published for the goods on our website is wrong. We try to ensure that all prices displayed on our website are accurate, but the price of the goods on your order will need to be validated by us prior to processing your order. If there is a problem, we will inform you of the correct price and will give you the opportunity to purchase the goods at the correct price.
- All prices on our website are in pounds sterling and inclusive of VAT but exclusive of our very reasonable delivery charges, which will be payable as indicated at the time of placing your order.
- Your order for goods is subject to availability. If we do not supply goods to you for any reason we will inform you of the situation and will not charge you for those goods, we will obviously refund any money already paid by you for the goods. However, we will not be responsible for compensating you for any other losses, which you may suffer if we do not supply the goods.
- All offers 1 per customer / household
- For delivery addresses within the mainland UK this is free of charge. We will endeavour to deliver the goods within the times stated but time shall not be of the essence. If no times are specified, delivery shall be within a reasonable time. We shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay for delivery of the goods unless caused by our negligence.
- We reserve the right to charge up to £35 for re-delivery if you are not present at the agreed original delivery date.
- As soon as we have delivered the goods to you, you will be responsible for them. When we deliver the goods we will require you to sign for them. If you are not able to sign for a delivery, we will do our utmost to let you know when we intend to redeliver the goods again. Our responsibility for everything other than damage due to our negligence will end at the time the carrier tried to deliver the goods to you.
- Title in the goods will pass on delivery. Should you return the goods pursuant to conditions set out under these terms and conditions, then title in the goods shall revert to us when you return the goods to us.
Goods, other than faulty goods, may be returned within 14 days unwanted item of the date of receipt by you of the goods. We must be notified within this time period also.
The cost of the return delivery charge under these circumstances is to be paid by the customer, as long as the charges are equal to the costs of dispatching the goods to the customer. As you can appreciate, we request that all goods be returned in an ‘as new’ condition complete with packaging and all accessories. Unfortunately, goods which do not comply with this condition may be subject to a handling, deductions and other charges.
When we receive the returned goods, we will inspect them to ensure all manuals, accessories and other components are within the returned package and that you have taken reasonable care of the goods. If we receive an item that you have not taken reasonable care of, we will charge you a £25 administration fee as well as a fee equivalent to the reduction in the item’s value. If the item has missing components, we shall charge you a further fee to cover the cost of these items. These costs will be deducted from any refund that is due to you. An indication (but not fixed) of the charges for missing accessories is as follows:-
- Charger/Adaptor: £20 Inc VAT
- Headphones: £20 Inc VAT
- Instruction manual: £10 Inc VAT
- Lead: £10 Inc VAT
- Media card: £10 Inc VAT
- Memory Stick: £15 Inc VAT
- Rechargeable battery: £45 Inc VAT
- Remote Control: £25 Inc VAT
- Stands (missing or incomplete) will be charged at the full replacement cost of the stand plus 20% handling fees.
- Important notice: time limit for notification of claims:- If goods arrive in a damaged condition you must inform us within 7 days of the date of delivery and we will either replace the goods at no charge, or refund any money paid by you for the goods once we have notified the corrier company and the claim has been approved by them. If the goods returned under this condition are found not to be defective and in full working order, you will be contacted and they will be returned to you minus any engineers cost for his time. Please ensure goods are definatly faulty by contacting our team and or the manufacturers support team for advise. An administration fee of 15% of the price of the goods, along with the cost of carriage will be charged to you, to cover the costs we have incurred.
- Plasma/LCD Screens: Please note that today’s production techniques cannot guarantee an absolutely perfect Plasma/LCD screen display and buyers should be aware of the possibility of imperfections in the form of a few isolated constantly lit or unlit pixels (or stuck pixels). As a result of this, there is a commonly accepted tolerance level by which Plasma/LCD screens may display such imperfections without being classified as faulty. As such, we can only take back displays as faulty for refund/repair if the number of affected pixels exceeds the manufacturer’s guidelines, subject to the Terms and Conditions. Please check with the relevant manufacturer as to their tolerance level.
- Many of the goods we sell are of a technical nature and unfortunately it is not practical to publish detailed specifications of all the goods and keep specifications 100% up to date. All drawings, descriptive matter, specifications and advertising on our website are for the sole purpose of giving approximate descriptions of the goods. However, if your goods do not conform to the specification displayed on the website relating to such goods at the date of purchase.
- As you can appreciate we shall not be liable to you, for any failure or delay in performance of our contract, if it is due to an event beyond our reasonable control. Including, without limitation, acts of God, war, industrial dispute, fire, flood, tempest and national emergencies and if so delayed we shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of time for performing such obligations.
- The contract between us shall be deemed, to have been made in England and shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Data
For the purposes of The GDPR, we are the Data Processor when selling and processing all personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. Under Article 6 of The GDPR, the lawful basis on which we process personal data received s that of “Contract” - whereby processing is necessary in order to fulfill buyer orders and enquiries. We retain information provided such as transaction information for internal financial accounting purposes. It is a legal requirement to retain this information for a period of 7 years.
Data We Receive: Personally Identifiable Information
We receive personally identifiable information when it is voluntarily submitted by buyers when placing an on-line order. The data we receive includes: name, billing address, delivery name, delivery address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of order, items ordered, value of items ordered, chosen method of delivery. We do not sell or rent personally identifiable information to any third party for any purpose.
How we use buyers’ personal information
We may use any personal buyer information provided to:
- process and dispatch buyers’ order/s
- carry out regulatory checks to meet our legal obligations
- prevent and detect crime
- develop and improve our products
- undertake anonymised statistical analysis (we won’t be able to identify individuals from this data)
We treat all information we hold about buyers as private and confidential. We will not reveal any personal details or details concerning buyers’ orders to anyone not connected with us, unless:
- a buyer asks us to reveal the information, or we have a buyer’s permission to do so
- we are required or permitted to do so by law
- it is required by law enforcement, fraud prevention or credit reference agencies
We may share buyer personal information with our suppliers, service providers and other contractors only to fulfil orders buyers place with us.
Data Subject Access Requests
Under The GDPR buyers are entitled to obtain from us (the Data Processor for the purposes of The GDPR when selling on Magicvision and related websites a copy of the data held concerning them and to have any inaccuracies in the data rectified. We are obliged to provide this data to within 1 calendar month of the request and free of charge. However we have the right to refuse or charge for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive and repetitive.